The UK Gift Card & Voucher Association are looking for a full time Operations Manager to be based at the Hastings office, with regular London travel. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, professional and exceptional person who will be the cog that will ensure the organisation runs smoothly.
The Operations Manager will work across all areas of the business and be responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation including streamlining and developing our systems and processes. Candiadates, must be prepared to lend a hand to anything– including supporting and where necessary managing the Director General! , They will NOT have to deliver everything themselves. The role will encompass membership services across all areas of the business, and you will be the main contact for members. The operations manager will be the cog that ensures everything happens within the UKGCVA, working with the agencies, team and freelancers, including: finance, events, policy, research, marketing, communications, PR, strategy, business development, events, project management – so the role will appeal to an individual who has a broad business experience, but specific skill and knowledge in events, research & communications. Although the industry would be regarded as a corporate financial sector, this is an unusual and very approachable branch of business which crosses retail and commerce.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day running of the organisation & office management
• Project management across the business and all key areas including new product development and special projects (include new website, conference)
• Updating & developing systems, processes & information including membership and consumer enquiries, FAQs, fact sheets, website, etc.
• Coordinating and managing key UKGCVA membership groups
• Key liaison point for PR, policy and research projects
• Marketing, communication & sponsorship planning and delivery
• Conference & events project management support and involvement as required
• Executive Group contact including meeting management & minute taking
• Business development including database management and updates
• Attending and running events as required.
What we need:
• An exceptional individual who is extremely flexible, hard-working, able to lend their hand to all areas of the business and enjoys a lively office.
• At least two years' experience in a similar role
• A good university degree
• Fantastic communication skills both written and verbal
• Flawless organisation skills and project management skills
• Excellent working ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, presentation packages. Project management tools desirable but not essential
• Desire to learn and to be part of a small team growing a business and market sector
What else is there to know?
• This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to get wide ranging experience across all business areas, while making a difference and growing the organisation, operating in a fast moving and changing sector.
• This role will suit an all-rounder who enjoys variety and project management, working hard and in an environment where their ideas will make a difference. Won’t suit a clock watcher!
Salary: c£25k pa - this is negotiable for the right candidate.
Holidays: 20 days, plus 3 days at Xmas and public holidays
Other Benefits: Spree card
The UKGCVA is a membership organisation and trade body which represents the £6bn gift card, voucher & stored finance industry, a fast growing and exciting sector. The UKGCVA has seen considerable growth over the last two years and has undertaken a complete refresh and evolution under the leadership of a new Director General. We now have over 85 members including M&S, John Lewis, Google, Amazon, House of Fraser, Harrods and Argos as well as major service providers & consultants operating in this space. The UKGCVA provides many services to its membership working with agencies & freelancers to help deliver where required: services include newsletters, members website, PR, research, updates & briefings, legislation and advice on key areas including tax & vat. The organisation also run a large number of events, breakfasts and forums during the year including a two-day annual conference, Awards and Summer/Christmas parties. We are continually looking for new ways to add value to the membership and to increase our revenue.
Contact Gail Cohen on GCohen@ukgcva.co.uk or phone +44 (0)207 692 0636